The awards celebrate and reward the work of women in the Australian wine community, as well as community leaders who champion equality and fairness in the workplace.
The Australian Women in Wine Awards are the only awards program for Australian women in wine, and this year, the awards ceremony will be held in New York City in September.
Categories for the awards include: Winemaker of the Year, Researcher/Innovator of the Year, Champion of Diversity and Equality, Marketer of the Year, Cellar Door Person of the Year, Viticuturist of the Year, and Owner/Operator of the Year.
The winners of each award category will be announced at the 2019 Australian Women in Wine Awards ceremony in New York on the evening of 17th September in partnership with Wine Australia.
Here are the finalists in each award category.
Winemaker of the Year
- Nat Cleghorn, Yalumba
- Vanya Cullen, Cullen Wines
- Jo Marsh, Billy Button Wines
Researcher / Innovator of the Year
- Inca Lee, Vinehealth Australia
- Joanna Gambetta, Charles Sturt University
- Mango Parker, The Australian Wine Research Institute
Champion of Diversity & Equality –
- Trish Barry, Mastermind Consulting
- Carolyn Coon & Kristy Keyte, Treasury Wine Estates
- John Davis, Pepper Tree Wines
- Pernod Ricard Winemakers – Better Balance Ambassadors
Marketer of the Year
- Elizabeth Calabria-Staltare, Calabria Family Wines
- Imogen Hayes, Handpicked Wines
- Rebecca Love, Howard Park Wines
Cellar Door Person of the Year
- Lauren Hutton, Bethany Wines
- Ulrika Larsson, Clairault Streicker
- Jodhi Thoms, Elderton Wines
Viticuturist of the Year
- Sheridan Alm, Starrs Reach Vineyard
- Brooke Howell, Yalumba Family Winemakers
- Amanda Mader, Vine Scout
Owner / Operator of the Year
- Laura Carter, Unico Zelo
- Belinda Chambers, Lake Moodemere Estate
- Sarah McDougall, Lake George Winery
The ceremony, featuring over 35 Australian female wine producers, as well as local trade, media and other special guests, will be live streamed back to Australia and around the world.