One of the indisputable pleasures of the internet is the proliferation of terrific content. Whatever your interests, you are sure to find something on the web that grabs you. The trouble is we rarely have time to find it all. So each weekend we’re going to do the hard work for you and compile a short list of things we’ve read that we think you might enjoy.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re left or right. Have you noticed that these days you’re either firmly left or firmly right, with very little middle ground in between? I have which is why I enjoyed this piece from the Aus Opinion blog.
- Single, childfree and totally ok with it. The next time you’re tempted to peg a woman without children as a hopeless spinster or a single-minded career women, think again.
- From Mars. The New Yorker takes a look at how the enterprising 30 year old man, Bryan Goldberg, started the online women’s publication Bustle.
- Men more like to work if they have children, opposite true for women. British fathers are far more likely to work than their peers without children. The opposite holds true for women.
- An open letter to Oklahoma governor Marry Fallin. An American man, who is a friend of the Governor’s daughter, writes a letter explaining the personal impact of laws that fail to recognise same-sex partners.
Have you read anything fantastic this week? Please add it in the comments as we’d love to hear what you’ve read and loved.